Friday, September 22, 2006

socks for supper

I have been working on a few projects during the evening hours. This is a poop brown sock that I am making for my brother. I decided it would be nice to get started on some xmas presents now and who wouldn't like a hand-knit pair of poop brown socks I ask you? The yarn is from knit picks, I don'’t remember the details, but it is washable (this is essential if it is for my brother, otherwise they would become felted). And the pattern is from interweave knitting mag, I believe it is one of those special patterns you get off their website if you subscribe to the mag.


I am working on limiting/reducing the size of my stash. It isn'’t that huge or anything, but it wouldn'’t all fit in one suitcase, unless it was a very large one. And at sometime in my not so distant future, there is a move in store. The destination has not yet been determined, but my lease does end in December and I do not plan on extending it. The conclusion is: I must start knitting and with the yarn that is already in my house!



(Does anyone remember the socks for supper book?)

4 comments:

Madisonienne said...

Sweet! Christian and Hannah read the book at bedtime.
Do you remember Piggy Bank Gonzales?

ily said...

i never had that one, but if it's by jack kent i'm sure it's a good one.

Roxy said...

i don't remember that book in particular. i do however, remember a pair of poop orange pants.

maepress said...

your bro seems to like poop brown... i've never seen that book before but it looks like a good one!