Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Some F.O.s

I thought I would take this opportunity to post some pics of all the finished objects, that have just been patiently waiting to be photographed. So here we go...

I just finished this one yesterday. It is the ribbed scarf from the winter knits kit. I really like the uneven striping at the ends. The yarn I used was a 50/50 wool/alpaca blend from Berroco (ultra alpaca).


This little guy (also from winter knits kit) has a matching scarf, but still no nose, mouth or buttons... I also think he needs a hat, a top hat to be precise. I was thinking of cutting/gluing one out of black felt, we'll see if that ever happens.


And here are my second pair of lovely lace socks made out of gems opal sport weight, in some sort of greenish color. I am also gifting these, but one of these days I just might make some for myself!

This is the felted ipod case I made my mom to fit both her ipod and itrip. It still needs a fastener (velcro) and if I feel ambitious some vinyl windows for the displays.


And this one might be my favorite, a laptop sleeve for my macbook. Considering I just guessed at the measurements, it turned out quite well - if I do say so myself. I also sewed in the corners to make the bottom square and thankfully it is a perfect fit for my macbook corners. I think I might have to felt (and stretch) it one more time - it is about an inch too tall. It also needs some velcro and I have some groovy matching fabric to make a liner... if I ever get around to it.

No comments: