Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Toys!!!

I just finished up with bunny. I haven't come up with a more creative name for her yet, so if you have any suggestions let me know. I have made a few toys in my day, but this one is the most creative, patternwise and visually. I had fun making her and and I think this is the first toy that I am going to keep for myself. The only thing lacking is a bunny tail, that is easily enough amended with a tiny pom pom. I have yet to do this for lack of a tiny pom pom maker...


The pattern is available from Jess on her blog. She makes lots of sweet toys/patterns. I like her placement of the eyes better, I'll try harder to place the eyes wider next time I make one of her patterns. The thing is, I embroidered the face and embroidery is defineately not my strong point. After I finished adding them I knew that I had place them too close, but I didn't want to rip both of them out to widen them because it was hard enough the first time, ah the trials of a lazy embroiderer...

My second favorite toy is ele, she is a beautiful elephant, although i am not sure if she is african or asian. She is from a pattern out of the Last minute Knitted Gifts book by Joelle Hoverson.
This book has a lot of good patterns. I still want to make the hour glass sweater which i believe there is a knit along for. hmmmm....


I'm off to compile some knitting goods for a local stitch and bitch!

No comments: