The poop brown socks are finally finished and have been gifted to my bro. The pattern I used was actually really easy (they could have been finished way sooner had I just worked on them). It was some free pattern off the interweave site, but I can't find it on there now (however, there is a thong pattern incase you have been searching for one and couldn't find one).
I had to make some adjustments to the sock pattern, the heel flap was written to be a stockinette flap and I wanted it to look better than that so I did the more common, k1, s1 and then purl on the wrong side. That probably has a name, but I don't know it. Also, if I ever made these again I would use a size smaller needle on the cuff (size 1 instead of 3) because the larger needle gauge seems like it makes it more likely to make a droopy sock top - nobody likes droopy sock tops. The rest of the sock is knit with a size 2 which makes it a quick(er) knit.
I think the yarn was this stuff from knit picks. I specifically chose this for my bro so he wouldn't have to worry about any hand washing.
Next up on the knitting list, a something green, and possibly something else brown... yeah yeah, I know I have an issue.