Monday, February 27, 2006

What makes you smile?

Do you ever write a post and then stupid internet explorer just f#$ks it all up? I hate that. Mozilla-foxfire, although not perfect, is much nicer. But as I was saying...

"My" camera has taken a vacation (with baby blu) to Colorado. Thus, I am unable to bring to you a picture of my most recent endeavor, the iPod case. Lemme tell ya, it is amazing. 100% wool felted magic, holes in the right places (allbethey somewhat uneven), screen cover, velcro closure wonderment. I am very happy that my first (and swatchless) attempt has turned out successfully. Of course I used some expendable yarn incase things didn't turn out. So now I can make one to my every desire... maybe some stripes, spots, or maybe just a different color (perhaps with a pocket for the headphones?).

In other knitting news, I have finished Odessa. She is nice, but would have appreciated being knit with the correct needles... Yeah, use the right size needles if you try this pattern, I recommend it. I have also reached the second heel of the blu's socks. They will be finished soon, I hope. Next on the list of items to knit is more toys I believe. Skatergirl is having a birthday soon and desperately needs another knitted toy to join stevebear. I hope I have all the appropriate colors in my stash because I don't have time/money to get to a town that sells yarn.

In the last couple of weeks I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to devote to knitting. Instead, I have been sitting in front of a computer, entering, preparing, and analyzing my data. I am happy to say that it is my own data and that it was collected from places that look like the photo below. When I am not knitting or playing with data I get to work in beautiful forests such as this. This makes me smile.

No comments: