Wednesday, February 01, 2006

monster trucks

I went to see Brokeback Mountain last night and it was really good, infectious even. So for those of you who haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it. That is not to say there wasn't things I was picking apart in my head while viewing it, but you just have to get over those things sometimes.

On the way back from the movie we swung downtown for a beverage at my favorite local establishment. I was following this huge monster truck that decided it was cool to stop in the middle of the only street that runs through downtown. So this guy (I'm just assuming) stops to let a bunch of bros out so they can get their drink on I guess. I'm sitting behind him in my little civic thinking how rude this was and that there wasn't a thing I could do about it because he could just put it in reverse and crush my beloved car. But for the sake of entertainment and a little bit out of annoyance I decide to start laying on my horn (or quite little meemp) and I proceed to press my horn until he finally starts to move. The best part about all of this is that he honks back, and this guy definitely doesn't have the factory stock horn in this rig. The noise that came out of this massive truck was a huge semi - whoooomp whoooomp. It was pretty sweet. The only way it could've been improved is if it was followed by some sweet southern tune.

No comments: