Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life in a small college town

All the undergrads have returned from their summer breaks and flooded this little town with their Bush stickers and large trucks, yeah it is a different crowd of undergrads from where I did my B.S. Apart from taking all the parking spots, crowding the gym, using all the ropes at the climbing wall, walking in front of traffic, and making loud ruckuses into the morning hours in my neighborhood on weeknights (yeah I'm old and no fun)... apart from all that, at least there is life back in this little college town. Without the students things sort of shut down, or at least adapt super lame hours. I am happy to say that I will be able to get coffee on campus after 2 o'clock in the afternoon (this is really the most import thing) and the gym will be open more regular hours, with lots of yoga classes offered. So I guess the point is that although annoying, the undergraduates here can be useful, I just wish they would stop giggling through yoga.
(This picture was taken one afternoon in Memphis, while taking a little break from the conference. )

1 comment:

maepress said...

ahh, fall in clemson... I know they're annoying but it's still a nice place to be.
Ps- I hear tell they're opening a *bucks near downtown.