Wednesday, October 15, 2008

my first sale


hand dyed merino, originally uploaded by .ily.

Last night the weavers and spinners guild had a fiber destash night. So I bundled up all my hand dyed fiber I've been hoarding over the last few weeks. Unsurprisingly I arrived late and the announcements were already being made and everyone had placed their items to sell on the table. So I snuck in and sat by a friend and immediately the women around me started fondling and claiming their braids of fiber. I only had amassed 5 so it didn't go far, they barely made it out of arms length before getting snatched.

I was happy that my goods were so well received and even happier to be able to make a little profit off of them. I realized it was the first time that I have ever sold anything that I have made. (I'm pretty sure it is anyway.) Out of all the crafts I've ever crafted, I've only ever given them away. So now I have a little pocket money... to go and buy more fiber of course! It's a vicious cycle I tell ya.

On my way to the guild I realized that I hadn't photographed any of the ones I was selling. This fiber photo is my first acid dyed roving and it turned out so lovely that I had to keep it.

When I got home last night I cooked up another special request batch of fiber and will try and get another 2 done to take on Sat for the continuation of the fiber sale.

6 comments:

Cornstalk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maepress said...

Congrats to you! You should also take your camera along to the fiber thingy- I'd like to see some pics of the event!

ily said...

Thanks :D I'll try to remember!

tracee. said...

that is some lovely roving! i can't wait to see the pictures of the new colorways.

Lucy said...

Yay!! You should list some on Felt... :)

ily said...

Thanks tracee and hello lucy! Thanks for your comments. Production has dropped off significantly (ie I overdosed and am enjoying spinning and knitting instead). I did take some pics of the stuff I sold on Sat... I'll have to put them up :D