Friday, April 09, 2010

a long time coming

According to my ravelry project page, I started the Juno Regina pattern on August 9, 2008... I just finished it a few weeks ago. Yeah, more than a year and a half. That's commitment, or lack there of. Not surprisingly, it was my first (and maybe my last) lace weight project. Mind you a lot has happened in that year and a half and I have finished many other projects (not all of them knitting!).


I enjoy knitting lace patterns, I think I just prefer a slightly heavier yarn to work with (light fingering is fine enough for me). As you can see this scarf is fine, it fits through my wedding band!


Some specs:
I made this pattern a bit skinnier than the original so it is a scarf rather than a stole.
yarn - touch yarns kid mohair merino 2 ply
The middle section measured 42 inches post blocking
My gauge/tension changed several times throughout this knit, thankfully blocking fixed any issues there.

It's been a bit busy around here lately. We are preparing to move across the world, again, at the end of the month! So much to do... so little time! Anybody want to buy a fridge, bed, tv, washer, stereo, couch, dressers... the list goes on and on and on. Trademe is getting much business from us lately.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks lovely, I have toyed with the idea of that pattern and yarn too but don't quite have the commitment. I really don't enjoy lace weight knitting. Fab job, looks great! Good luck with all the selling and prep for your move....

ily said...

Thanks Libby! I think I have enough of the yarn left to make a shawl or something else, but not sure I have the heart to look at it for such a long time again!

Simone said...

Lovely! You should link to your trademe listings page... ;) Not selling the sideboard are ya? We are still keen. Chat soon! (Let me know if you have time for a quick coffee or tea.)

Janie said...

Love the lacy pattern, but very tedious for me to do now. Lovely work, thanks for sharing. I was reading your blog and find it interesting you are moving away from your country. Change is hard, but there must be good reasons why you are moving. Good luck...