Wednesday, November 01, 2006

it's been a while

I usually like to post on a weekly basis, but have been lagging behind a bit due to an injury I sustained just over a week ago. I tore my ACL and have been laid up ever since. My knitting is doing better than my blogging (and my thesis).
I have made countless washclothes. They are one of the best things to make because they are completely mindless. Don't get me wrong, I love the challenge of a new pattern and learning new knitting techniques and tricks, but when you are on drugs and in pain and just need something to distract you - not necessarily something to think about - washclothes are the way to go.
I have also been working on the poop brown socks oh and I made a mini-sock for Blue's big toe (who's toenail is in peril). He wears it at night in best effort to keep it attached. I think it is super cute and I used all of my sock knowledge to make the cuff and toe decrease thankfully no heel flap or gusset were needed.

No comments: