Sunday, November 05, 2006

Skittle

This was the first project I completed while being laid up. It is a pattern named Spherey by Jess Hutch, she has lots of neat toy patterns and used to put out a booklet of them for purchase, but has since decided to tunnel her energy elsewhere. Spherey is out of that booklet and I am ever so grateful to stitchkommander for allowing me to borrow her copy.

I also found my favorite book as a child while looking through my box of stickers- Hello Kitty's Special Present. She gets this yellow umbrella in the mail from her grandmother and has to wait and wait to use it. The day that it finally rains, is the only day she doesn't bring it to school. Luckily for her she has a smart and thoughtful mother who brings it to her at the end of the day so that they can walk home together in the rain with their umbrella's. I was always fascinated by umbrellas as a child and read this one over and over which is evidenced by the crease in the middle of the cover (which you can't really see in this pic).

1 comment:

Roxy said...

my parents still laugh about me playing with an umbrella in the snow. who doesn't have a fasination with them?